Weekly Drops of Wisdom - Ylang Ylang
YLANG YLANG USES & BENEFITS:
Ylang Ylang Product Description
In one of doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing® locations, the Ylang Ylang flower is harvested by some of the hard working natives of Madagascar to produce doTERRA’s potent Ylang Ylang essential oil. The Ylang Ylang flower has been used for centuries in perfumes, religious ceremonies, aromatherapy, and wedding events, and the essential oil produced from this blossom is just as versatile. The many uses and benefits of Ylang Ylang oil can be obtained when used aromatically, topically, and internally. When ingested, Ylang Ylang essential oil has the powerful ability to provide antioxidant support, which makes it a cherished oil for bodily health.* Ylang Ylang is frequently used for its external benefits and can promote the appearance of healthy skin and hair. The popular fragrance of Ylang Ylang oil is often used in perfumes and aromatherapy treatments due to its rich scent and its calming and lifting effect on the mood.
Where to Buy Ylang Ylang
To buy a bottle of pure and potent Ylang Ylang, visit the Ylang Ylang essential oil product page.
Purity and potency are vital elements in a quality essential oil and heavily factor into the effectivity of the each oil. Because the potency of a plant starts with the plant itself, it is crucial for plants to be grown and harvested in its optimal environment. For this reason, doTERRA grows the essential oil plants in their ideal location and, like in Madagascar, employs a global network of farmers who intimately know the process of growing plants for essential oils. They make sure that the plants are taken care of properly and harvested in the correct stages. This quality caring and harvesting of the plants produces highest-level potency.
To ensure the purity of each essential oil, doTERRA puts each batch of essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol contains a series of tests that determine the purity of each essential oil. If the essential oils are found pure and safe, they are then qualified to be sold. doTERRA places special emphasis on guaranteeing the purity and potency of their oils, because when oils are pure and potent, they are highly effective and can best meet the needs of those who use them.
Ylang Ylang Uses and Benefits
1. Help transform your dreary mood to a cheery mood by using Ylang Ylang essential oil. Whenever you are feeling down or stressed, apply a few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil to the back of your neck for a calming and uplifting effect. Due to one of Ylang Ylang oil’s main chemical constituents, germacrene, the oil contains natural abilities to soothe. Ylang Ylang is also known for its uplifting effects and is a great oil to apply when in need of an elevating boost.
2. Don’t let the damaging heat of the summer prevent your hair from looking healthy and strong. Instead, use Ylang Ylang essential oil. Ylang Ylang oil is loaded with organic components that promote the appearance of healthy hair. To protect your hair from looking beat by the summer heat, massage Ylang Ylang into your scalp to increase the appearance of healthy, shiny hair.
3. Fill your home with the rich and sweet scents of the tropical Ylang Ylang flower. This yellow, star-shaped flower is a gem of the aroma industry and its essential oil can be used to create a relaxing atmosphere. To obtain these delightful aromatic benefits, add a few drops of Ylang Ylang to your diffuser. This rich aroma will not just smell good, it will also lift your mood and promote a calming effect.
4. Soak your stresses away with an incredible bath that will invigorate your senses and promote relaxation. For an ultimate bath experience, put Ylang Ylang essential oil into an Epsom salt bath. Due to the calming and soothing properties of Ylang Ylang oil, this bath will be just what you need to help you unwind after a long day.
5. Are you struggling to see the bright side of things? Use Ylang Ylang essential oil aromatically or topically for a more optimistic perspective. Ylang Ylang is a powerful uplifting component and helps promote a positive outlook.
6. Create the perfect massage blend for de-stressing with Ylang Ylang essential oil. Massages are a great way to help relax tense muscles and feelings and incorporating Ylang Ylang into your massage will provide the ultimate relaxing experience. Ylang Ylang is known and valued for its ability to soothe and calm the mood while also providing an uplifting effect. To create a powerful and effective massage blend that helps reduce the effects of daily stresses, add several drops of Ylang Ylang to doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into your back and shoulders.
7. Avoid the harmful chemicals found in deep hair conditioners and deep hair conditioning treatments, and go natural! Create your very own natural deep hair conditioner by adding Ylang Ylang essential oil to doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and applying it to your hair. Ylang Ylang oil contains great hair benefits that will leave your hair looking healthy and beautiful!
8. Give your skin a little TLC with a Ylang Ylang essential oil aromatherapy steam facial. Steam facials are great for your skin. The heat from the steam helps open pores and, in the process, release bacteria and dirt from your skin. Including Ylang Ylang in your steam facial will help promote healthy looking skin and will also add a sweet scent to your DIY facial care.
9. Ylang Ylang’s rich scent is well loved and has been used extensively for making perfumes. For a wonderful-smelling, natural perfume, put a drop or two of Ylang Ylang on your wrists. This perfume will also give off a soothing and calming aroma.
10. Support your body with Ylang Ylang essential oil. Ylang Ylang oil is known to provide antioxidant support.* To increase antioxidant support in your body, take Ylang Ylang oil internally.*
The Ylang Ylang plant is also called the perfume tree, due to its highly fragrant flowers.1
The Ylang Ylang, or Cananga odorata, is a plant characterized by its drooping branches and bright green leaves. Along the green stems of this plant grow stalks from which multiple yellow-green flowers bloom. These flowers dangle from the stalks and are highly fragrant. The pungent flowers also produce green fruits that grow in clusters and turn black when ripe.2 doTERRA Ylang Ylang essential oil is extracted from the flower of the Ylang Ylang plant.
Chemistry of Ylang Ylang
Main Chemical Components: Germacrene, caryophyllene
Two of the main chemical constituents of Ylang Ylang essential oil are caryophyllene and germacrene. These two chemical components are part of the sesquiterpenes group. Ylang Ylang’s unique chemistry and scent promote soothing feelings when used aromatically. A recent study conducted by multiple Korean universities found that caryophyllene helps support healthy cell growth when ingested orally.*3 To learn more about the chemical components of Ylang Ylang oil or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Ylang Ylang
Ylang Ylang oil blends with a diverse range of oils to benefit both mind and body. For an ideal essential oil blend, combine Ylang Ylang oil with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Marjoram, Sandalwood, or Vetiver essential oils for diffusion.
Watch this Co-Impact Sourcing video to learn about the sourcing of Ylang Ylang essential oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
1. "Ylang Ylang plant description"
2. "Ylang Ylang plant"
3. "doTERRA Science Blog: Caryophyllene and Healthy Cell Growth"